College and career counseling for high school students
Each counseling relationship is geared toward supporting the student’s school-related goals. These areas may include:
- Development of homework and study skills
- Improvement of ability to tolerate frustration
- Increased ability to make responsible choices
- Refinement of social, communication and peer interaction skills
- Development of a sense of self-competence and self-reliance
Our counselors also help students participate in conflict resolution, utilize supportive resources, and develop problem-solving perspectives and strategies. In addition, our counselors work with the college/career advisor to help students and their parents solidify their plans for college and future employment.