All students receive one hour per week of individual counseling with our experienced licensed or credentialed counselors. These counselors not only advocate for each student, but they also work to build an important alliance with them over the course of each student’s enrollment at Westview.
Each counseling relationship is geared toward supporting the student’s school-related goals. These areas may include:
- Development of homework and study skills
- Improvement of ability to tolerate frustration
- Increased ability to make responsible choices
- Refinement of social, communication and peer interaction skills
- Development of a sense of self-competence and self-reliance
Our counselors also help students participate in conflict resolution, utilize supportive resources, and develop problem-solving perspectives and strategies. In addition, our counselors work with the college/career advisor to help students and their parents solidify their plans for college and future employment.