Counseling is an important component of the Westview program. We believe therapeutic support through individual and group counseling is beneficial to overall success of our students.
Each counseling relationship supports school-related goals, which may include:
- Improving the ability to tolerate frustration, manage anxiety, and control impulsivity
- Developing homework and study skills
- Learning how to make responsible choices
- Refining social, communication, and peer interaction skills
- Developing of a sense of self-competence and self-reliance
As needed, our counselors may help students with conflict resolution, utilizing supportive resources, and developing problem-solving perspectives and strategies.
They also work with our high school principal to help students and their parents solidify plans for college and future employment.