Each counseling relationship supports school-related goals, which may include:
- Improving the ability to tolerate frustration, manage anxiety, and control impulsivity
- Developing homework and study skills
- Learning how to make responsible choices
- Refining social, communication, and peer interaction skills
- Developing of a sense of self-competence and self-reliance
As needed, our counselors may help students with conflict resolution, utilizing supportive resources, and developing problem-solving perspectives and strategies.
They also work with our high school principal to help students and their parents solidify plans for college and future employment.